Thank you for visiting Neil Armstrong School. We hope you take this summer to enjoy your children and time with your family. We look forward to seeing you when school begins.
As a staff, we examine best practices and ways to best support our students with three key areas of focus; (a) Core Standards and Themes (b) Character Development, and (c)21st Century Learning.
We support students in common core standards with our new enVision Math Program and concepts of the San Ramon Reading and Writing Program. We continue to look at student achievement and the best ways to meet the needs of students who score basic and below while moving those who score proficient to advanced. Most importantly, we have a caring and professional staff to guide students to their highest potential.
Our character education program, Second Step, is implemented in our classrooms to promote character development. Student recognition at lunchtime along with our Pride Assemblies is ongoing to promote good examples and positive reinforcement. When you visit Neil Armstrong please be on the lookout for our street signs in the hallways such as Responsibility Rd. and Respect Ave. Good character is a woven theme throughout our school.
With the support of our academic boosters we have laptops in our second, third and fourth grade classrooms and I pods in our primary classes. Our fifth grade students have 1 to 1 I pads using technology in the curriculum on a daily basis. Our teachers have attended Apple technology in-services and continue to learn new ways to promote learning with 21st Century skills and knowledge in the classroom.
We will continue to work over the summer to improve our site with common core curriculum and new playground equipment. There will be some changes over the summer that we would like to prepare you for. Please read the following important information about registration and the opening of school.
There will not be parent packet pick up this year.
- If you have not already done so please sign on with your parent portal. Simply download your paperwork off the parent portal and complete it. Everything you need is on the parent portal.
- As this is our first year with online registration we still ask that you come to walk through registration bringing your District Census Verification Form and receipts.
- You can go to our school website http://naes-srvusd.ca.schoolloop.com/
- Click on the Registration Information at the top tab for registration information.
- Walk though registration will be in the front office hallway.
- August 21 10am – 2pm or August 22 4pm – 7pm
- Classroom Assignments - Class assignments will be sent to you through your parent portal on August 26 at 12 noon. Please remember to log on to your parent portal to get your teacher assignment. The office cannot distribute the assignments so PLEASE remember to log on.
- Coffee on the Green for parents on the first day of school after the first bell rings
- Back to School Nights – Parents Only J
- TK & Kinder: August 27
- 1st August 29
- 2nd & 3rd September 3
- 4th & 5th September 4
- Parent Volunteer/Driver Forms – Complete this information every year! If you intend to volunteer in the classroom or on field trips you will need to complete this information with a copy of your driver’s license and return to the office or teacher. The deadline for this paperwork is 10-15-13
We look forward to seeing everyone the first day of school on Tuesday, August 27th. TK students and all Kindergartners should go directly to the Kindergarten play yard at the west end of the school where teachers will greet them and open the doors to the classrooms.
TK class hours are 8:10-9:45 for AM and 10:00-11:35 for PM for the first day only. TK classes will resume their regular am/pm schedule.
Kinder classes begin at 8:30 and end at 10:05 am for the first day only. For the first couple of weeks normal Kinder hours are 8:30am-12:00pm until early and late schedules are determined. 1st through 5th grade students should report to the play yard at the back of the school. Students should line up behind chairs that will be set up with teacher’s names and classroom assignments. Teachers will come to welcome and gather students when the bell rings. 1st through 5th grade classes begin at 8:40 and will end at 12:10 for the first day only. Please refer to the attached bell schedule for all start and end times. Please remember that there will be coffee on the green for parents along with some great conversation.
On an ending note I would like to thank our parent community for their never ending support. We are fortunate to have a wonderful population of involved families. Our PTA and Eagle Fund continue to show tremendous support for all of our students.
New families must contact the district office at 552-5071 to make an appointment.
If you currently have children at our school please remember to register your children on our parent portal found on our school and district website.
The Neil Armstrong Staff thanks you for the privilege of teaching and supporting your children.