Dear Neil Armstrong Families:
Please read the following important information about the opening of a new school year.
- Enrollment Procedures:
- On Thursday, 8/6/15 District opens Annual update information. If you have not already
done so please sign on with your parent portal.
- Neil Armstrong Online registration Opens Thursday, 8/6/2015!
- You can go to our school website http://naes-srvusd.ca.schoolloop.com/
- Click on the 2015/2016 Registration Information tab.
- Walk through registration will be in the school building hallway. If you have already donated on-line, attendance at walk-thru is optional! Thank you!
- August 20, 2015; 4pm – 7pm.
- Classroom Assignments - Class assignments will be sent to you through your parent portal. Date & time is still to be determined by the District Office. Please remember to log on to your parent portal to get your teacher assignment. Class lists will not be posted!
First day of School – If you were unable to get your child’s teacher assignment, please come to the office. Also there will be staff members with class lists on the play yard and in the front of the school.
- Coffee on the Green for parents on the first day of school after the first bell rings. Tuesday, 8-25-15.
- Back to School Nights – Parents Only J (6:00-7:00pm)
- Kindergarten August 20, Thursday
- 1st & 2nd August 27, Thursday
- 3rd, 4th & 5th September 1, Tuesday
- **Parent Volunteer & Driver Information – On-line, please visit www.srvusd.net/volunteers. If you have questions or need help please contact email@example.com or 510-342-7178.
We look forward to seeing everyone the first day of school on Tuesday, August 25th. Kindergartners should go directly to the Kindergarten play yard at the west end of the school where teachers will greet them and open the doors to the classrooms.
All Kinder classes begin at 8:15 and end at 10:00 am for the first day only. For the first couple of weeks normal Kinder hours are 8:15am-12:15pm until early and late schedules are determined.
1st through 5th grade students should report to the play yard at the back of the school. Students should line up behind chairs that will be set up with teacher’s names and classroom assignments. Teachers will come to welcome and gather students when the bell rings. 1st through 5th grade classes begin at 8:40 and will end at 12:00 for the first day only. Please remember that there will be coffee on the green for parents along with some great conversation.
I have included a bullet point page for quick reference to help you with some of our procedures, a parent guide for our on-line registration process, student supply lists for every grade level, an August calendar and the district 15/16 school year calendar.
Enjoy your summer and we will see you in the fall.
Principal, Neil Armstrong School