COMMENTS FROM THE CO-CHAIRS
When we think about what makes FOCUS an outstanding educational experience for our children, three things come to mind:
- Exceptional, committed, creative teachers
- Educational enrichment through para-professionals, field trips, second-language instruction, performing arts, etc.
- Parent involvement through volunteering, donations, and participation on the Board and at Parent Meetings
Family unity and a sense of community are keys to the program goal to educate the whole child. Our community -- with staff, students and parents working together -- makes FOCUS a unique program.
We invite and strongly encourage all parents to attend the Parent Meetings, where priorities and programs are reviewed and approved. This is an important way to stay informed and to play an active role in your child's education and a chance to interact with the FOCUS teachers and other parents.
The Focus program at Neil Armstrong School is an alternative education program that features:
- Parent participation in the classroom.
- Students in the program loop for two years with the same teacher for K-1 and then again for 2-3.
- Second language instruction.
- Educational enrichment through field trips, performing arts and holiday experiences.
- Additional paraprofessional help in the classrooms.
Class curriculum is standardized by the district. In support of the FOCUS whole-child educational philosophy the program endeavors to provide the above enhancements, through fundraising and volunteer time. Should our fundraising efforts not be sufficient to provide these enhancements, adjustments to the program will be made as decided by the parent group. Please contact a board member for more information.
FOCUS Alternative Program
|Tuesday, 9/08/15 at 6:30 pm||Board Meeting||Library|
|Tuesday, 10/06/15 at 6:00 pm||Board Meeting||Library|
|Tuesday, 10/06/15 at 7:00 pm||Parent Meeting||FOCUS First Grade Classroom|
|Tuesday, 11/10/15 at 6:30 pm||Board Meeting||Library|
|Tuesday, 1/12/16 at 6:00 pm||Board Meeting||Library|
|Tuesday, 1/12/16 at 7:00 pm||Parent Meeting||
FOCUS First Grade Classroom
|Thursday, 01/21/2016 5:00 pm||Board Meeting||FOCUS Second Grade Classroom|
|Tuesday, 02/02/2016 6:30PM||Parent Meeting||FOCUS Second Grade Classroom|
|Wednesday, 02/24/2016, 6:00 PM||Orientation - New Parent Meeting||MPR|
|Wednesday, 2/24/16 at 7:00 pm||Board Meeting||MPR - After Orientation Meeting|
|Tuesday, 3/08/16 at 6:30 pm||Board Meeting||Library|
|Tuesday, 4/12/16 at 6:00 pm||Board Meeting||Library|
|Tuesday, 4/12/16 at 7:00 pm||Parent Meeting||FOCUS First Grade Classroom|
|Tuesday, 5/10/16 at 6:30 pm||Board Meeting||Library|
|Thursday, 06/02/16 at 6:45 pm||Parent Meeting||MPR (before FOCUS Graduation)|
Rebecca Spiros Hoyer
|Finance Officer||Dave Barryemail@example.com|